January 18, 2007
Karma’s a bitch. After spending most of the previous few days giggling to myself while replaying the music video to Living with a Hernia to myself in my head, I did something odd to a muscle somewhere deep inside my gut. Don’t ask me which muscle it is, but it’s the one that you really need in order to get up out of a seat, roll over in bed, bend over to pick something up, sit down on the toilet … you get the idea. Doing any of these things result in incredible pain.
I think I got this injury on Saturday afternoon by getting into Rob’s car (an average-sized Subaru station wagon from the 1980s), but I’ve got no idea how. Maybe I was tense from listing to Rob and Sam bitch and bicker like an old married couple. Regardless, I’m well on the road to recovery now.
I’m hoping I’ll be close to 100% by Saturday, as I really want to go to The Tote to see The Bakelite Age’s CD launch. Fans of good time rock ‘n’ roll should do the same.
May 17, 2006
Haven't been updating very much recently, as I've been far too busy at work. Looks like I'll be having a busy weekend, too.
- Early Friday night: Karate Party's sort-of debut gig at Glitch. I have zero idea what to expect, but I'll be doing my damnedest to remain supportive.
- Later Friday night: Group Seizure and Taste The Venom at the Town Hall. Group Seizure are back from a bass player-less hiatus, so it will be good to see what they're up to nowadays. I've been wanting to see the Venom girls for a while, too.
- Saturday night: Look Who's Toxic and K' Road Queens at the Town Hall. Two nights in a row at the Towny… should be just like the good ol' days.
- Sunday night-ish: Schottky Noise at the Arthouse.
See you out there, kids.
May 1, 2006
Wow… thank you so much to everyone who turned out for our CD launch last night. I think we ended up with more than 100 people there on a Sunday night, which was just awesome.
Extra-special thanks to the eating competition contestants as well. Xavier took it out easily, followed by Liam, Willy and Mick Z. Mick V. was looking good for second or third place, but sabotaged his own efforts by insisting on eating his sausages with bread. In a desperate attempt to pinch second place, Mick V. attempted to eat his final three sausages at once, but was forced to leave the competition when he failed to keep them down.
Hopefully there'll be some photos of the night coming soon.
March 17, 2006
It’s only just struck me that we’ve done just about zero promotion for the Look Who’s Toxic show at Pony tonight.
Come to Pony for the Look Who’s Toxic show! Look Who’s Toxic are amazing! 9:30! Whoo! Whoo!
February 3, 2006
Looks like it’s going to be a pretty good weekend for gigs. Tonight’s going to be awesome, and I’ve got to get along to at least one of these shows tomorrow night as well:
- The Seedy Three, The Retreat Hotel (Brunswick), 7:00 pm
- Solid Waste, The Public Bar (North Melbourne), 10:00 pm
- Solid Waste, Pony (City) 2:00 am
February 1, 2006
I saw The Cheats a few weeks ago and they were pretty good. They’re a drums and guitar-through-an-octave-pedal-into-a-bass-amp band, a-la Local H. The other bands all kick arse, so you should be there.